Blade Gunner: Oscar Pistorius’ Career is Probably Over

Posted on February 18, 2013 by

1


Photo Credit: Guardian (UK)

Photo Credit: Guardian (UK)

Oscar Pistorius‘ track career was put on hold indefinitely on Sunday because of his murder charge, reinforcing the possibility that the double-amputee Olympian and disabled sports icon might never run again competitively on his famous carbon fiber blades.

He has literally shot his way off the racetrack.

Pistorius’ agent was forced to cancel all future races, he said, so Pistorius could concentrate on defending himself against the allegations that he murdered his model girlfriend by shooting her several times in his upscale house on Valentine’s Day morning. Reeva Steenkamp died from gunshot wounds suffered inside Pistorius’ home in the predawn hours of Thursday. Pistorius was arrested and charged with her murder the same day. His family denies he murdered her.

“I have decided that following these tragic events that we have no option but to cancel all future races that Oscar Pistorius had been contracted to compete in” agent Peet van Zyl said in a written statement late Sunday night.

His first court appearance, which held on Friday and was adjourned until tomorrow (February 19), witnessed a teary eyed Pistorius who will remain in custody till the verdict is passed.

Reeva Steenkamp’s funeral would be held on Tuesday and would be a private ceremony for family at a local crematorium. Media will not be allowed in.

Advertisements
Posted in: News, Sports